Cedric Puddy will give us the "nickel tour" of installing Linux on the Linux WRT54GL hackable router. He will:
- flash the routers with OpenWRT
- demonstrate the flexibility of the built-in switch
- show OpenWRT's ipkg management
- share scripts that he wrote to make flashing the boxes easier
- Discuss differences between the stock Linksys images, OpenWRT and DD-WRT
If there is time Cedric will also demo the Wi-Spy 2.4 GHz spectrum analyser.
Before the meeting Brent Clements will demonstrate package management for newbies.
* * *
The host for this meeting was User 26.