This page provides guidelines for people presenting for our group.
- We start the meeting with announcements (10-20min).
- We have a 10-15 min break a little before 8pm. If you have a full presentation slot, please schedule this break into your presentation.
- Please make sure your presentation works at a resolution of 1024x768. The projector at TriOS supports 1600x1200, but this may not work reliably.
- If you are showing interactive terminal sessions, make sure the terminal font is large enough -- we recommend at least 14 point (and bigger if you can).
- If you are showing terminal sessions please set the terminal to display black text on a white background. This is much more visible than white (or green) text on a black background.
- The TriOS location does not need amplification, but we use microphones to record the audio podcast.
- If you want your laptop to transmit sound through the speaker system please let us know in advance.
We provide the following by default:
- A screen.
- A projector. This projector has VGA input. It handles 1024x768 safely. Larger resolutions may work, but 4:3 aspect ratios work best. If your computer runs at a much higher resolution you may have problems. If you have a Mac or HDMI you will need an appropriate converter to VGA input. We do have some converters, so please contact us if you do not have your own.
- Wired or wireless internet (wired is much more reliable). Not all ports or protocols may work -- if you have doubts, please contact us and we can schedule a dry run.
We may be able to provide other equipment on request. Please make your request at least a week before the presentation if possible.
- A presentation laptop that can display PDF slides.
- By default, we record KWLUG presentations and livestream/podcast them. If you wish not to be recorded, please let us know (preferably in advance).
- Occasionally we record video of presentations, but this does not happen every month.