This meeting will be held online. See the meeting text for login information.
The software we use is called BigBlueButton. It is intended for online learning, but can be used for many other webconferencing and videoconferencing purposes.
The software's developers have produced a video overview of how to use the platform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYnryIM0Uw .
You can try out the software before the meeting on the BigBlueMeeting demonstration server: https://demo.bigbluebutton.org .
- You will need a PIN (Access code) and an URL to join. We will publish these a few days before the meeting.
- The client is HTML5 and works well on Firefox, and Chrome/Chromium based browsers. It also works well on tablets and phones. Other browsers may be rejected by the software; if you are using one of them, please contact us and we will see what we can do.
- After you provide the PIN you will be asked for a nickname. Please use your real name, or an alias that we will recognise.
- Please do NOT use the webcam functionality unless specifically invited to do so.
- Please keep your microphone muted unless you are actively participating in discussion.
- If you have a question or would like to make a comment, please click your username in the sidebar and use the "Set Status" to "Raise" your hand.
- If your computer has trouble keeping up with the presentation, you might find it helpful to join in "listen only" mode. You can also click the vertical dots menu in the top right corner and clicking "Settings", then clicking to the "Data Savings" functionality.