Online Meeting (BigBlueButton)
This meeting will be held online. Our BigBlueButton instance is at https://webconference.kwlug.org/room/kwlug . There is no passcode. Thanks to Mikalai Birukou and the folks at DataCity for donating BBB hosting to us.
The software we use is called BigBlueButton. It is intended for online learning, but can be used for many other webconferencing and videoconferencing purposes.
The software's developers have produced a video overview of how to use the platform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYnryIM0Uw .
You can try out the software before the meeting on the BigBlueMeeting demonstration server: https://demo.bigbluebutton.org .
- The client is HTML5 and works well on Firefox, and Chrome/Chromium based browsers. It also works well on tablets and phones. Other browsers may be rejected by the software; if you are using one of them, please contact us and we will see what we can do.
- When joining the meeting you will be asked for a nickname. Please use your real name, or an alias that we will recognise.
- Please do NOT use the webcam functionality unless specifically invited to do so.
- Please keep your microphone muted unless you are actively participating in discussion.
- If you have a question or would like to make a comment, please click your username in the sidebar and use the "Set Status" to "Raise" your hand.
- If your computer has trouble keeping up with the presentation, you might find it helpful to join in "listen only" mode. You can also click the vertical dots menu in the top right corner and clicking "Settings", then clicking to the "Data Savings" functionality.
- If you have bad internet but a phone line, then we can arrange for you to call into the meeting. Please contact us to arrange this. We will have to give you a conference code, which is not generated until the meeting starts.