[kwlug-disc] Podcast, phase 02

Nick Guenther nguenthe at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 4 23:22:03 EDT 2014

On June 4, 2014 9:42:52 PM EDT, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:

>Are the feeds better now? I hacked together some expensive
>enclosures by copy and pasting arbitrary code on the Internet.
>
>http://kwlug.org/podcasts
>
>The giant iTunes icon should now be 1400 x 1400px as well.
>
>For some reason https:// urls do not count as RFC 3986 URLs, according
>to the feed validator:
>http://feedvalidator.org/docs/error/InvalidURLAttribute.html
>
>This means that the feed does not validate.
>
>- Paul
>

>On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 02:19:05PM -0400, Darcy Casselman wrote:
>> The <enclosure> tags are kind of important.  They're what a lot of
>readers
>> (like Doggcatcher on my Android) use to determine whether something's
>> actually a podcast versus just a regular RSS feed.  So yeah, you need
>that.

AntennaPod is now seeing sizes and can download (and hear your lovely intro, Paul!), but the stream button gives "Unknown Error". I can probably drag out adb and get a better error if that's.

You're not the only feed AntennaPod doesn't like. The NYAS.org feed won't even let me add it, for example, and I've seen the problem before--AntennaPod not seeing the download link--on a bunch of feeds. I can try to find examples of them if that would help.