[kwlug-disc] Podcast, phase 02

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 5 03:55:46 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 11:22:03PM -0400, Nick Guenther wrote:

> AntennaPod is now seeing sizes and can download (and hear your
> lovely intro, Paul!), but the stream button gives "Unknown Error". I
> can probably drag out adb and get a better error if that's.

That might be helpful.

The MP3s for the first and second podcasts were generated in different
ways (which is why the accounting podcast does not have album art). It
might be worth seeing whether one streams and one does not (and if so,
which is which).

> You're not the only feed AntennaPod doesn't like. The NYAS.org feed
> won't even let me add it, for example, and I've seen the problem
> before--AntennaPod not seeing the download link--on a bunch of
> feeds. I can try to find examples of them if that would help.

It would be interesting if you could test out the Kwartzlab Radio
podcast: http://www.kwartzlab.ca/category/heavy-lab/feed/

The reason that this would be interesting is because this podcast is
hosted on archive.org as well. One thing that could be messing up the
downloading is that the URL in the enclosure is not the final
destination; archive.org does a redirect to some other server.
If the redirect is the problem then I would expect you will not be
able to stream anything from either the KWLUG or Kwartzlab podcasts.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org