[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Inkscape, logseq (Dec 2023)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Dec 3 04:47:20 EST 2023

This month we have a couple of passion projects on the agenda, in the
sense that both presenters are enthusiastic about the software they
will be demonstrating.

Our first presentation is by Charles McColm, who has been doing some
game development recently and has been making game assets in a number
of tools, including Inkscape, the venerable SVG editor. Inkscape is...
still pretty great? It is also under active development, and can even
do multi-page SVGs now. Charles will give us of some of Inkscape's
features and how to use it effectively.

The second presentation is on a piece of open-source, privacy-first
knowledge base software, which allows you to make notes and organize
them to increase synthesis and understanding. Colin will be presenting
this, and he is very very excited about it. He calls it the most
interesting thing he has learned about since learning Docker, which is
a fairly high bar.

As always, we are on the hunt for presentations. They
can be presented in person or virtually. Please get in touch if you
have something.

In addition to our tech meetings, we are continuing restaurant
meetups. The next one will be Wednesday, Dec 13 at McCabe's. As
always, it is nice if you RSVP to dinner at kwlug.org to let us know you
are attending.

Our meeting will start at 7pm in hybrid format.  Join us in the Dana
Porter library or online at https://webconference.kwlug.org/room/kwlug
. Find more information about the meeting setup here: https://kwlug.org/node/1345

- Paul
--