[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Residence Management, 3NWeb (June 2022)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 4 03:48:05 EDT 2022

Happy June! This month, our KWLUG presentations come to us from two
builders: people who are working on projects to improve the world
using FLOSS.

First up we have a special guest presenter: Ken Taylor is on the board
of a future seniors' residence, and is looking to use open source
programs to manage and control the residences. He will tell us about
some ideas and prototypes he has put together, and his hopes for the
project. Ken is hoping for some helpers to help implement this open
source vision, so if you are interested in helping deploy more FLOSS
in the "real world" this is the presentation for you.

In our second presentation, Mikalai Birukou will demonstrate some
capabilities of and updates to his privacy-focused platform 3NWeb.
Mikalai has been developing this platform for several years, with the
aim of replicating many of the applications we want from The Cloud
(email, file sharing, etc) but with privacy built into the design
from the start.

The meeting will start at 7pm, on our BigBlueButton instance:
https://webconference.kwlug.org/room/kwlug .

As always, we are on the lookout for presentations. Get in touch if
you are interested. If you are looking for inspiration about the kinds
of talks people request, check out https://kwlug.org/node/1269

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org