[kwlug-disc] VIrus-ridden ISO in Debian archives?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 2 22:32:14 EDT 2020

My usual approach with these things is to submit the file to
virustotal.com . I did this and it seemed to come up clean?

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/6089dcf5739f5e942b0d943f8062da9ce558b7682fb8b7875ea95b6070a3d8c8/detection

I believe some antivirus software will work with Firefox to scan files
as they are downloaded.

I downloaded the file on my Debian box and got the same message!. It is running Firefox
68.6.1esr (32 bit). But I also do not run an antivirus, because I like
being infected by scary things? I could still click through to
download the file, though. So I am not sure what is going on.

- Paul

Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org