[kwlug-disc] VIrus-ridden ISO in Debian archives?

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:58:52 EDT 2020

OK, I upgraded my FF to v79 as per --
[image: image.png]

did the dnld again, still getting the message about the file having a
virus/malware.
Additionally, I tried FF ESR 68.x(the latest from Mozillateam's PPA) on my
fin laptop, same virus/malware notification.
I tried FF ESR52.9(old!) on my W7 laptop and lo! File downloaded with nary
a comment about virus/malware!

Barnes has no issues with FF 79 on his PC/laptop, so what gives?
I do hold back non-security updates on my devices, but I cannot imagine
this would cause an issue?
All the FF instances areof the  64-bit variety.

I will do the full <sudo apt upgrade> thing on a play laptop and see if
this quirk/issue goes away.

That virustotal.com site is a nice one, never knew about it before.

Thanks,

Ron S.