[kwlug-disc] VIrus-ridden ISO in Debian archives?

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 17:10:09 EDT 2020

I am attempting to grab a copy of the i386 Debian 9.13 net-installer ISO.
My source is this link:
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/archive/9.13.0+nonfree/i386/iso-cd/

I tried twice with a cold reboot between the 2 attempts. I get this message
from FF --

[image: image.png]

"This file contains a virus or malware".

I had no such message after downloading the 64-bit version.
Any ideas on how this can be?
Mebbe a false positive from FF? Wasn't aware that FF does file integrity
screening.

I did try downloading again with Ublock Origin turned off after yet another
reboot and nope, still the same message.

Thanks,

Ron S.