[kwlug-disc] Recording physical events, follow up after OBS+Kdenlive talk

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Aug 2 12:19:38 EDT 2020

Mikalai,

Using an OBS machine sounds like an interesting possibility.

Looking for some examples of how other people do this the DebConf video
team has documented their process/hardware. It is more fancy than we
would need, but might be useful for guidance to find cheaper solutions.

https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/hardware.html

Another option, in the description of the TinyPiolt KVM-over-IP project,
is a cheap HDMI to USB dongle. Which sounds like it might be a camera
source that OBS would be able to see.
https://mtlynch.io/tinypilot/#hdmi-to-usb-dongle

So maybe with the right VGA split that adapter could live between the
presenters laptop and the projector?

Andrew

(P.S.: This kind of topic has been discussed before so I threw up a
gitlab repo to try and record this kind of information about running a
virtual or in person group.
* https://gitlab.com/acant/sig_stack/-/blob/master/README.md

I have started with some links of the top of my head, and I would
eventually like to turn this into a list documentation+automation. The
ideas would be to help us run KWLUG, eventually help me with running
KWRuby, and maybe be useful to other people as well. :)

If anyone has things to add or ideas to consider, please feel free to
open Merge Requests or issues!

)