[kwlug-disc] USB 2.0 hubs, and power ...

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 12:06:12 EDT 2019

Khalid, I have only seen a rubberized USB A-B cable once many years ago
attached to a robotic device. Haven't seen one recently. A quick search
around shows nothing like what I saw some years back. I wonder, will this
be good enough --
https://www.amazon.ca/GHWL-Printer-Scanner-Gold-Plated-Braided/dp/B076S38FKS/
It can be had in 6/10/15/25ft lengths.

As for a passive hub being able to power 2 devices, best to get some idea
of the current being drawn by said devices.
I have a couple of in-line USB amp/voltage readers things courtesy of
China, I can drop one in your mailbox on my 3x/wk pilgrimage to your neck
of the woods. My next visit is around 2:30PM on Wednesday this week. This
device wil give you a fairly accurate reading of current being drawn and
voltage at the devices at the end of the USB cable run.

Thanks,

Ron Singh