[kwlug-disc] Laptop no longer accepting seamless remote sessions

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue May 28 20:20:10 EDT 2019

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 8:11 PM CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm having a similar problem with my Xubuntu (19.04?) laptop, where if I
> am not logged in locally then I can't establish a VNC over SSH connection
> from a remote location.  I just keep going back to the GUI login over and
> over again.

My scenario is different, but I did get the login loop problem (that is how
my current issue started).
I was able to fix it as follows:

Press Ctrl-Alt-1, then login normally, and type this:

sudo apt-get install --fix-broken --reinstall xubuntu-desktop lightdm

Let us know if this solves the login loop.

If I'm logged in locally I can get to the same session over SSH/VNC.

VNC is very laggy compared to NoMachine.