[kwlug-disc] Dynamic DNS or Static DNS for HOME machine?

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Sat Feb 3 13:30:12 EST 2018

On 2/3/2018 10:07, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> They did not work, and I had to go dig in the scripts to see why. It
> was a long time ago when I set it up, and I forgot what I did

In old days, some mainframes (three-sickly ASS400 PDP VAX etc) 3 ring
binders with them in which the sysop would (should?) log items like the
above.
Maybe, it would be a good idea to maintain this practice and do the same
with other systems, home or client or otherwise.
Or, possibly, put items like scripts, config files, batch files, etc.
into a local git repository or VCS of some sort.
(A long time ago, someone on this this list mentioned etckeeper, an
automatic tracking system for /etc.)
Just a thought - from someone who has forgotten how I have done things
in the past too.
JohnJ