[kwlug-disc] I'm "not in sudoers file."

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Thu Mar 30 02:56:41 EDT 2017

Hi,

Just logged out & logged back in.

Tried to get a root shell via "sudo bash" like so:

> sudo bash
> [sudo] password for ron:
> ron is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

Anyone have any ideas?

a) how do I get back into sudoers (I'm going to try booting from USB in
the morning and getting it that way).

b) How could this have happened?  I had a root shell running just prior
to logging out.

I was building a Docker image of ejabberd from this Dockerfile (with
minor modifications), as root; can't imagine that it would have caused this:

> https://hub.docker.com/r/rroemhild/ejabberd/~/dockerfile/

Can't think of anything I've done that would cause this in the past few
days since last logout / reboot.

FWIW, "groups" shows "ron docker".

Thanks,

rb