[kwlug-disc] XFCE Question on Window Positioning

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Tue Mar 21 11:30:48 EDT 2017

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote on 2017-03-21 10:57 AM:

> I have a question on XFCE (or Xubuntu), and I don't know what terms to
> google for.

Hi Khalid!

I think the term is "window tile snapping"

> When I grab a window by its title bar, and move it with the mouse to
> align it to other windows, it will maximize itself automatically once it
> reaches the top of the display.
>
> How can I prevent this from happening? I just want the window to stay
> the same dimensions, and sit where I put it, not change dimensions.

I did a quick search and it seems an older post asking how to enable it
points to:

Settings Manager > Window Manager > Advanced

And there one should be able to find relevant options to enable / disable.

KDE does this to me too and I'm undecided on whether I like it or not.

I grab the titlebar of the fullscreen'd app and pull down a bit and it
un-full-screens.

Best of luck.
--
Linux systems, databases, network admin