[kwlug-disc] Email Archiving with Linux

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Mar 20 02:09:16 EDT 2017

I've done this 1 1/2 times for a large organization, but with
commercial software (think RFPs, pre-sales engineers, committee
meetings).

Don't forget about retention periods for different classifications of
messages. Something dealing with finance or personnel may have a life
of 7 years, and be *required* to be destroyed after that (for privacy
reasons); something trivial like "Let's do lunch" might be destroyed
after  three years (so when legal discovery for corruption takes place
the organization can legitimately say their policies don't retain mail
that long -- yes, I've experienced that).

- --Bob.