[kwlug-disc] Kubuntu 16.04 Questions

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Mar 16 17:23:37 EDT 2017

B.S.,

Yes, the 16.04 KDE and/or Plasma issues look much like the 2010-ish
problems with kubuntu. Indeed they were very painful. I almost ditched KDE
then, but the following LTS release solved these issues. Not anymore, hence
my jumping ship.

The good news for you is that Ubuntu announced extended support beyond
April for 12.04. Not sure if that includes Kubuntu as well, or just Ubuntu.
Nor do I know if this is for paying customers or everyone.

I am very happy with the much faster 16.04. The switch to Xubuntu was
relatively smooth.