[kwlug-disc] Cross Platform Messaging Clients

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Jul 30 11:15:15 EDT 2016

Matrix looks really interesting. I was having a hard time finding the
information on the bridging stuff, but it is right in their FAQ.

https://matrix.org/docs/guides/faq.html#what-bridges-to-other-networks-are-available

And the full list is here:
https://matrix.org/docs/projects/try-matrix-now.html#application-services

Though I'll admit I'm still a little fuzzy on how to use it. Run my own
server and have it federate to other services, I think.

Sadly is Matrix is a name that makes it a little hard to search for. :)

> Either way, I like the idea of a server that does
> all the multi-protocol stuff and just using a simple client on all my
> devices.

I also like this idea. And when the servers are federated there is still
the option of running the server on the local machine, too.

Andrew