[kwlug-disc] PFSense and USB 2.0 NICs

bob+kwlug at softscape.ca bob+kwlug at softscape.ca
Mon Jul 11 13:04:13 EDT 2016

> For that matter, any reason pfSense couldn't be run in a vm with
> multiple virtual nics (which are, in essence, VLANs anyways)?

This is what I ended up with instead of the laptop experiment. The VLANs just became interfaces presented to the VM from the hypervisor. You could also just present a single NIC with all the VLANs to pfSense and do the same thing I did with the laptop.

I did end up having some bizarre issues develop with pfSense and PPPoE that I ended up solving by moving PPPoE out to the DSL modem (ask me over a beer and I'll tell you that horror story).

BB