[kwlug-disc] Browser wars

Kirk Zurell kirk at kirk.zurell.name
Wed Nov 18 10:24:01 EST 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM, CrankyOldBugger
<crankyoldbugger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would keep both browsers going if I could, but I use bookmarks a lot and
> it's a pain to synchronize the two.  (If anyone mentions "Xmarks" I will
> personally forward the mountain of spam I got from Xmarks years ago to you,
> repeatedly)

One note in Firefox's favour is the (reputed) ability to run a local
instance of Sync.

https://docs.services.mozilla.com/howtos/run-sync-1.5.html

So you can sync browser bookmarks, passwords, & addons (reputedly)
from your own host.

If I get this going in any appreciable way, I'll present at KWLUG or
the non-profit IT group.

kthxbye
Kirk
--