[kwlug-disc] Docker workshop?

Tim Laurence timdaman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 21:25:41 EST 2015

0) Consider me coerced. ;) I would be happy to perform a hands on
introduction. I also may have another person who can pitch in too.

1) When I heard of this idea I was supper excited but then I realized there
are couple hurdles.
The group runs many OS's with different package names, set up steps, etc.
Additionally if a step involves pulling down a 100MB image (not uncommon)
and there are 20 people in the room we will have bandwidth issues

As a result I think the best format is every one brings their own laptop
and we ask everyone have virtualbox preinstalled. I can provide a network
share with a diskimage and everyone can download it. I will build it with
docker installed and will download the container images we will need. For
people without laptops they could follow along with the projection of steps.

2) Regular meeting seems like a good fit. People seem to be able to work it
into their schedule and the time is long enough to cover a fair bit.

I would love to hear some use cases people might want to see demonstrated.

--Tim