[kwlug-disc] Docker workshop?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 3 14:47:32 EST 2015

At last night's event there was a request to have an interactive
workshop on containerization (which I presume means Docker, but may
mean something else). One member was having trouble getting his own
containerization setup working, and was wondering whether it might
make sense to have a tutorial meeting.

The consensus seemed to be that Tim should be volunteered for this
presentation, but I thought that was unfair since Tim wasn't
in the room. Maybe we can organize something a little less coercive?

So here are my questions:

0. Are there some people (possibly including Tim) who would be willing
to give an interactive tutorial on working with containerization?

1. What expectations would be there for the audience? Should they have
struggled with containerization already? Should they bring their own
projects and we troubleshoot them together using the projector? Should
this tutorial be more structured? Would everybody need to bring a
laptop? (What about those of us who don't have a laptop, or don't have
one powerful enough to run containerization?)

2. Should this be a regular meeting? Should it be an outside workshop?

I do not know the answer to question 0. My feelings for questions 1
and 2 are that people should bring laptops prepared to make their own
image (and maybe share), and that this be held as a regular meeting.
However, I do not have strong feelings about either.

Thoughts? If we get some facilitators we could schedule this for
February or later.

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org