[kwlug-disc] The Empire (i.e. Bell) strikes back!

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sat May 16 17:28:20 EDT 2015

On 16/05/15 05:16 PM, CrankyOldBugger wrote:
> I got a telemarketer call from Bell just now.  According to him, Bell
> dropped the ball and they would really like to get my business back!
>
> So he asks, what am I using for phone, internet, etc.   I says a local
> provider (VMedia for the internet, Ooma for VoIP).  So he tells me that
> if the power goes out, I won't have phone service.  I said that I also
> have cellphones.
>
> Then he asks how much TV do I watch.  I says none.  He asks if I stream
> any shows, I said I have Netflix.
>
> So he tells me that he's got a deal for me that isn't available to the
> general public.  140 gig of download a month, at 5down/5up speeds!  I
> told him that I currently have 60/10 unlimited.
>
> This is where he starts to stutter...    Eventually it became obvious to
> him that there's no way no how that Bell can come anywhere close to what
> I'm getting now, and nowhere near the price that I'm paying.
>
> I know I've said it to you folks before, but damn am I glad I dropped Bell!

Years ago, I moved the Shelborne. At the time, I had a Bell cell phone
and symaptico internet. After waiting two months to install my new line
(next week!), I called and canceled the move order and canceled my cell
phone. The lady insisted they could have a truck out the very next day!

Never regretted moving, never once thought of going back. Horrible company.

--
Digimer
access to education?