[kwlug-disc] The Empire (i.e. Bell) strikes back!

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat May 16 18:21:39 EDT 2015

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 09:16:31PM +0000, CrankyOldBugger wrote:

> So he asks, what am I using for phone, internet, etc.   I says a local
> provider (VMedia for the internet, Ooma for VoIP).  So he tells me that if
> the power goes out, I won't have phone service.  I said that I also have
> cellphones.

It is interesting they are using this argument in their marketing
script. It is something I worry about at work. Having said that, we
have moved from Bell to Execulink for landlines and are pretty happy
(both with the service and with reduced dependencies on The Empire).

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org