[kwlug-disc] The Empire (i.e. Bell) strikes back!

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Sat May 16 17:16:31 EDT 2015

I got a telemarketer call from Bell just now.  According to him, Bell
dropped the ball and they would really like to get my business back!

So he asks, what am I using for phone, internet, etc.   I says a local
provider (VMedia for the internet, Ooma for VoIP).  So he tells me that if
the power goes out, I won't have phone service.  I said that I also have
cellphones.

Then he asks how much TV do I watch.  I says none.  He asks if I stream any
shows, I said I have Netflix.

So he tells me that he's got a deal for me that isn't available to the
general public.  140 gig of download a month, at 5down/5up speeds!  I told
him that I currently have 60/10 unlimited.

This is where he starts to stutter...    Eventually it became obvious to
him that there's no way no how that Bell can come anywhere close to what
I'm getting now, and nowhere near the price that I'm paying.

I know I've said it to you folks before, but damn am I glad I dropped Bell!