[kwlug-disc] The systemd avalanche continues...

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 29 18:00:22 EST 2014

Devuan does not really have to do so much, if they don't want to. They
are using basically the same production stack as Debian and hence
can just sync everything from Debian. So if they wanted to, they
could just focus on the limited number of packages that have some
dependency of systemd and the init packages.

Furthermore, they are hoping to find support from the 30%+ devs that
voted for the GR. It is also not an either/or proposal. Nobody
has to give up on Debian for this. It is just an alternative.

Creating debian based distro is not really so difficult. Look at the
folks at www.tanglu.org. They do not have a lot of money.

So, I have no problem seeing a way with Devuan, and quite frankly,
I do not see the hurt of trying it.

-tx