[kwlug-disc] Audio equipment for Dec meeting

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Nov 29 00:00:03 EST 2014

So 58 Queen is too small for a sound system, but I selfishly would
like to record an audio podcast for this month. Here are two options:

- If somebody has a (small, simple) mixer board they are willing to
  loan for the evening, maybe we can have the presenters speak into
  microphones which then feed into the recording netbook. I do not
  have such a mixer board on hand. There are some microphones and XLR
  cables at 43 Queen that we could probably steal for the evening.

- If somebody can loan us a microphone that will capture ambient sound
  acceptably, maybe we could use that for the recording. The quality
  will not be as good, but the sound should be audible.

I agree that having the presenters speak into a microphone when there
is no sound coming out is ridiculous, but there are many ridiculous
things about KWLUG and we keep hobbling along.

There is some chance I can sneak into St John's Kitchen and take the
old audio system's console, but I think this is not that likely.

In the worst case I guess we just don't record. It won't be a tragedy,
but I would prefer to keep the streak going.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org