[kwlug-disc] ASP.NET 5 for Linux?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Nov 13 11:54:28 EST 2014

I agree.

No one who is using FLOSS stacks will jump to .NET just because it is
now MIT licensed and open source.

But, for shops who use .NET already, and pondering a move to a Linux
stack, they may consider staying with .NET and having minimal changes
for it to work, rather than rewrite everything.

So, maybe it is a customer retention move on Microsoft's part ...