[kwlug-disc] ASP.NET 5 for Linux?

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 13 11:40:24 EST 2014

Well, it means that M$ has started to understand that the world has
changed through FLOSS, and they have to go with the time.

Generally, I would be very careful about the t&c behind it. I have
not looked at the actual licenses and the restrictions or underlying
IP, which often is a problem.

ASP.Net and C# are not as mind blowing that I would change from
a traditional FLOSS language to it. In particular, most of the time
the libraries that are available under the fitting FLOSS license
are more  important.

However, I think it is  a good path for current ASP/NET developers
to find their way into FLOSS, and hence a further strengthening
of the FLOSS community.

tx