[kwlug-disc] Quick survey on tmux

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Sep 9 12:50:33 EDT 2022

On Fri, Sep 09, 2022 at 11:54:53AM -0400, Bob B wrote:
> My $0.02....
>
> I still use screen... been avoiding the learning curve of tmux regardless of how steep or shallow.
>
> But within screen I have remapped c-a to c-z. The reasoning being that if I was going to put a job into the background, I could easily create a new screen within screen to run the command I wanted anyway. This way, it doesn't interfere with my bash keyboard mappings.
>
> I found ctrl-a being eaten by screen to be really annoying (I use the emacs keybindings in bash).
>
> Those of you that made the jump, is tmux an easy learn from screen?

I use both, actually. If I had to pick one then I would use tmux.

I learned screen with ctrl-a, so that is in my muscle memory now.

I would be interested to know the barriers Khalid ran into. I probably
cannot address them but I bet others would have answers.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Housing: https://unionsd.coop