[kwlug-disc] Quick survey on tmux

Bob B bob at softscape.ca
Fri Sep 9 11:54:53 EDT 2022

My $0.02....

I still use screen... been avoiding the learning curve of tmux regardless of how steep or shallow.

But within screen I have remapped c-a to c-z. The reasoning being that if I was going to put a job into the background, I could easily create a new screen within screen to run the command I wanted anyway. This way, it doesn't interfere with my bash keyboard mappings.

I found ctrl-a being eaten by screen to be really annoying (I use the emacs keybindings in bash).

Those of you that made the jump, is tmux an easy learn from screen?

BB