[kwlug-disc] [...] Waterloo Region Votes (Oct 2022)

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Sat Oct 15 21:47:02 EDT 2022

Andrew Sullivan Cant wrote on 2022-10-15 11:04:

> Seeing municipal parties, no multi-level, and no wards just feels weird
> to me.

It's weird. There are some weird candidates, but not as much as previous
years when literal clowns were running as joke candidates, making
Rhinoceros Party look serious.

But 1 mayor, 10 counsellors, 7 parks board members, 9 school board
members, and 3 capital spending questions is a bit much.

I've just created a cheat sheet myself, and am trying to decide if I'm
even going to cast a vote this time.

Mayor's race is close, I don't have strong feelings for any candidate,
but I'll probably go to vote *against* a rather disingenuous candidate.

Otherwise, so many new parties, I just don't know what to do.

Only 2 traditional parties remain and I'm not a fan of either. Who are
are these new ones?

I feel slightly guilty about not doing enough research, but not too bad.

sigh...