[kwlug-disc] [...] Waterloo Region Votes (Oct 2022)

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Sat Oct 15 23:25:20 EDT 2022

Ronald Barnes wrote on 2022-10-15 18:47:

> I've just created a cheat sheet myself, and am trying to decide if I'm
> even going to cast a vote this time.

I did my duty and voted. As a fairly ignorant voter this time, I felt
kinda bad; usually I prefer the uninformed to stay home.

Wife voted before me, "straight NDP" she said.
"NDP isn't a municipal party."
"..."
"Oh no, you voted NPA - like Conservatives. The opposite of your
intentions."
"... I didn't have my glasses."

sigh again.

> Mayor's race is close, I don't have strong feelings for any candidate,
> but I'll probably go to vote *against* a rather disingenuous candidate.

Voted against this guy:

"I live just outside Kits" (Kitsilano is a very nice neighbourhood).

Reality: he lives in Point Grey, an even more-upscale neighbourhood.

He can relate to renters, because, "I rent... from the bank!"

You think we're unaware of the concept of "equity", you prick? Your
house is likely worth double-digit millions, we're not idiots and you're
not in the same boat as renters.

Anyway, kudos to all those involved in Waterloo Region Votes, and
polling place volunteers everywhere!

rb