[kwlug-disc] To WIFI or not to WIFI

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Oct 6 14:45:55 EDT 2022

It took a few decades (40s to 60s) for evidence of tobacco's damage to be
confirmed
within the medical and scientific communities. Big Tobacco continued to
fight on the
public relations front, influencing, and mudding the waters for a couple
more decades
perhaps.

Same thing with leaded gasoline: research showed lead to be everywhere and
within
several decades it was recognized as harmful, and its usage was stopped.

Humans are being bombarded with electromagnetic waves at least since the
20s with
radio, then 50s with TV, and it just keeps growing (cordless phones, cells
phones, smart
meters, ...etc.) We also have the 5G conspiracy theories that were revived
during the
pandemic.

The US military should have the money to spend on research on pilots,
because if
RF impacts their performance on the battlefield, it would be a
disadvantage. Right?
Or if the pilots think the military is covering up the issue, and that they
are being
harmed they would bring lawsuits about it and invite experts or something.
We see neither of those things backed up by semi-rigorous research.

"There is no science" means just that: no evidence for or against yet,
until additional
evidence emerges to confirm or deny. Until then, we can assert something is
harmful.