[kwlug-disc] Cyber Monday ...

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Nov 30 12:54:23 EST 2022

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 9:40 PM Ron Singh <ronsingh149 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's a US source with US pricing...

The MemoryExpress site is kind of ambiguous on the currency it is using,
but
when I looked at the locations, they were all in Canada. Looks like they
are
based out of Alberta, with a few stores in Ontario and elsewhere.

I guess I will keep looking ...

> For the last 2 years plus, we've been using the RED PRO series for NAS and
> regular server use --
> with our largest install being 16 pcs of the 12TB units, no issues thus
> far.
> Double the cache of the RED PLUS (256M vs 128M)
> They are a bit noisier(especially when the head is moving around)though as
> they are 7200rpm to the RED PLUS's 5600-ish RPM.
>
> Not sure if this is of much help?

Indeed that helps a lot. Nothing like first hand experience, specially when
the
sample size is higher than just a few.

Thanks ...