[kwlug-disc] Cyber Monday ...

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:39:41 EST 2022

That's a US source with US pricing...See the same thing at Amaz Can from
the 1st fulfilled -by-Amazon reseller at $209 Cdn  --
https://www.amazon.ca/Western-Digital-Plus-Internal-Drive/dp/B09QQX27GM
Unfortunately, CC has no stock.  Maybe other Cdn online folks have stock,
like Bestbuy etc.
We've never used them, preferring the RED PRO series, so I really don't
know the reliability of them, the specs look good and there isn't much
negative noise out there about the series. Worth a go I think assuming you
can find stock when you are ready to buy.

For the last 2 years plus, we've been using the RED PRO series for NAS and
regular server use --
https://www.amazon.ca/Western-Digital-WD8003FFBX/dp/B07D3N95GS/
with our largest install being 16 pcs of the 12TB units, no issues thus
far.
Double the cache of the RED PLUS (256M vs 128M)
They are a bit noisier(especially when the head is moving around)though as
they are 7200rpm to the RED PLUS's 5600-ish RPM.

Not sure if this is of much help?

Ron S.