[kwlug-disc] MKS

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 18:36:13 EDT 2022

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 6:01 PM Steve Izma <sizma at golden.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 04:24:35PM -0400, Doug Moen wrote:
> > Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] [BCLUG] WordPerfect 7 for UNIX, running
> perfectly
> >  happily in a Linux terminal in 2022
> >
> > I also used to work for MKS, during 1995-1999. Software
> > development in C, working on their Build Integrity product.
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 29, 2022, at 4:04 PM, Ron Singh wrote:
> > > What I really like about your comment is the mention of
> > > MKS(Mortice Kern Systems). I worked with them providing
> > > hardware to an Alex, Randall, Ruth and Trevor. This was back
> > > in the early and mid-80s when MKS was doing their thing out
> > > of a house on Erb Street.
>
> Okay, let's have an MKS reunion. I was there from 1984 (one of
> the founders) until late 1988. I was the one buying equipment
> from Waitronics during some of those years -- isn't that where I
> met you, Ron?
>
>         -- Steve
>
> --
> Steve Izma
> -

Oh my gosh, Steve, I need to be whipped, Yes, MKS! Though I could have
sworn you were doing some work with WLU at the time?
Yup again, Waitronics, corner of King/University. Yeah, the days when
WYSIWYG was coming into it's own. As the cobwebs clear, I think I recall
poetry slams and the like? A Diana Groffen(she and I worked at Waitronics)
was part of it? Mebbe I am thinking of some other part of my past.

As I think back, I am so grateful for being in the orbit of some many
talented people in a great many startups back in those days.
Ditto the profs and IT folks from UW, Laurier.

Lord, I miss those simpler days of text-based realities and 3/$1 hots dogs
at that 7/11  next door to my old office:-)

Ron S.