[kwlug-disc] Trouble Reading 1 TB Hard Drive in USB SATA Dock

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 01:26:38 EST 2022

So true, this --
"Some docks are "helpful" and change sector sizes (4096->512) for some
reason."
This has been a thorn for years with tech guys dealing with random USB/SATA
adapters/docks.
We settled on Apricorn SATA/USB cable things for the 2.5" devices and
Startech USB/SATA docks for 3.5" devices, never looked back.
That sector change size issue used to be a great source of grief, wasted a
ton of time on it.

Thanks,

Ron S.