[kwlug-disc] Local IT folks who have experience setting up nextcloud or equivalent ?

Federer Fanatic nafdef at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 08:14:58 EST 2022

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 at 16:54, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 4:41 PM Federer Fanatic <nafdef at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I run Ubuntu mostly and currently use crashplan, I would like to have
>> my own
>> server setup using an opensource solution. I would be willing to pay for
>> someone
>> who has extensive experience in a home setup. Everything has to be open
>> configuration, i.e.,
>> you need to show me what you did :-)
>>

> If you already run Ubuntu, then I assume you want to replace crashplan
> with a local
> backup solution? Or are there additional features you need for NextCloud
> (other than
> backup).

Yes. Local, I suppose away from my residence, failing that in my house in a
location that is securely locked up and "secret"
so that a thief (highly unlikely) would breakin my house. That is I suppose
is the benefit of offsite backup. My current data
resides on a ZFS partition of two identical hard disks. And I have snap
shots and use
the perl script that manages the config file.