[kwlug-disc] home security cameras

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Aug 6 20:54:11 EDT 2022

I bought a package from Costco several months ago when it on clearance.
It is Lorex branded, which is basically the same as Reolink and other.
They both (and others) source from Hikvision.
It includes an NVR, and comes with POE cables.

The reason I opted for POE and NVR is that it is a local solution (not
cloud hosted),
and it will be much more stable over wired LAN than WiFi.

The issue is that my handyman's skills are limited, and I need someone to
consult
on the installation (e.g. coverage angles, how to route wires through
inaccessible
soffits or when there are no soffits at all, and so on), and then do the
wiring and
attach the cameras too.

Anyone know a contractor who can do this?