[kwlug-disc] home security cameras

Francisco Dominguez fxdoming at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:13:43 EDT 2022

Wasn’t there a huge hikvision fiasco / compromise in the last few years?

I use arlo (amazing for movement detection and lower false positives)… like the phone UI / push notification and seemless ability for me to speak through the camera with somone.
One of the best features for me is that they can run for days / weeks on wireless .. if I add an arlo solar panel (not the cheaper knockoffs) it’ll literally run all year long.
Subscription is a bit costly but I think it’s with it.

I also have ubiquiti’s unifi protect with a few g4 cameras… great UI, great picture quality, POE, but the detection / filtering for notifications is no where as good as the arlo.
No subscription, media remains local

Francisco
fxdoming at gmail.com