[kwlug-disc] Now in the market for a new search engine...

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Sat Apr 16 12:47:09 EDT 2022

So I clicked on a link and searched for youtube-dl in searx. First hit was the yt-dl.org home page, sourced from wikidata. Brilliant. That source won't go away unless the RIAA can force Wikipedia to delete the youtube-dl article, which I doubt is possible at present.

I'm sold on the idea of a multi source meta search engine. Making it private and ad-free and easy to use, while not sucking, will be a challenge though.