[kwlug-disc] Now in the market for a new search engine...

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Apr 16 11:32:04 EDT 2022

This reminded me of the Searx search engine, which sounds interesting
but I have not gotten around to looking at.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searx
* https://searx.space/

It appears to be a meta-search engine, which you can run locally or use
existing mirrors.
This means it does not disconnect you from the existing search engines,
but might be a useful step removed from them. And provides you with at
least an interface which you have more control over.

Its AGPLv3, which is nice.

Has anyone ever user or looked at this?

Oh, sorry I forgot the right terminology for that...

"Dear Lazyweb, ..."   :)

Andrew

https://blog.codinghorror.com/lazyweb-calling/