[kwlug-disc] Ontarians are getting digital ID this fall: All you need to know

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Sep 22 12:26:02 EDT 2021

> Lets keep a close eye on https://diacc.ca <https://diacc.ca>
> A series of lobbyists — I think our privacy will be monitized
>
> We should aim for something more like this https://e-estonia.com
> <https://e-estonia.com>
>> Thoughts

Another thought, well, second hand impression about state-level digital
ids. My UX-focused partner is still pissed at the number of steps,
clicks, oks, needed to make a transaction. From his words, some of these
are mandated by regulations.

I won't reproduce minute details, but impression is that this is no
heaven with a single digital id. And technically measures seem to be
about trust to perform transaction clearing operation. Somehow, shots of
human imperfection will get throw any idealized pavement. Ya.