[kwlug-disc] Ontarians are getting digital ID this fall: All you need to know

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Sep 22 12:15:48 EDT 2021

> Lets keep a close eye on https://diacc.ca <https://diacc.ca>
> A series of lobbyists — I think our privacy will be monitized
>
> We should aim for something more like this https://e-estonia.com
> <https://e-estonia.com>
>> Thoughts

I had a recent experience of filing VAT in Estonia. I am also filling
same type tax HST here, hence, can present down the stream from all-e
effect :) .

In Canada I am presumed to be trustworthy. I am presumed to say the
truth. But in Estonia I must file receipt number for my coffee expense
at business meeting. In Canada I will be providing my receipts when CRA
has questions. Otherwise, I don't have to do this bureaucracy, even if
it is all on web forms.

<impression> This Estonian approach pushes me back to a memory of all
seeing tyrrany of USSR. So, count me among the spooked ones. </impression>

<related-thought> I am tweaking a test framework library, thinking about
depth and nuances of information I want to get about software test
processes. Oh, boy. Don't apply this get-all-data mindset to people, to
me, to yourself. </related-thought>

<unrelated-question> Is this use of tags how semantic web must feel? :)
Do emojis serve this purpose ? </unrelated-question>