[kwlug-disc] Securely wiping zip disks?

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:31:38 EDT 2021

A few months back I posted a similar email to the group in which I
mentioned that I was using nwipe, with is a linux fork of dban.  I still
consider nwipe to be a good choice here, but if you're getting really slow
speeds then check your connections.  If you're mounting the drive inside a
PC then fine, but it you're using a toaster oven as an external dock then
try to use USB3 connections.  It makes a difference.