[kwlug-disc] The Open Technology Fund is a front of the U.S. government.

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Fri Dec 10 22:24:44 EST 2021

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 09:13:14PM -0500, Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc wrote:
> At the same time, if you've felt a need to share the whole feeling, I am
> saying: take it easy, sky is not falling. The spin that robs your brain of
> productive power via injection of mistrust is the purpose of this article. I
> personally want to see all flowers bloom, but this emotional attack stifles
> your roots, hence, I chime in.

If all you're trying to say is "beware of spin" fair enough.  But I wasn't
really interested in using Signal or Tor to begin with.  The article
*and* the usaid pdf happens to add information for me, which adds caution
to my existing opinion.

Meanwhile, your caution of spin does not provide me any particularly
solid data either.  It is more of a cautionary tale to not let myself
get sidtracked from potentially useful technology by government FUD.
That's fine as far as it goes, and I agree that's a good caution to have,
but it does not provide solid reasons to trust either.

That's what I want.  There are tons of reasons to doubt.  I want reasons
to trust.  That's why I say, test everything.

- Chris