[kwlug-disc] Linus Tech Tips tries Linux as daily driver

Steve Izma sizma at golden.net
Mon Dec 6 23:36:04 EST 2021

On Mon, Dec 06, 2021 at 11:15:32PM -0500, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Linus Tech Tips tries Linux as daily driver
>
> ...and "be more like Windows" loses any appeal when you
> consider how many times Redmond has changed the interface
> already: Win31, Win95-Win7, Win8-10 were all Windows, and all
> different. And the office suite too. I still can't figure out
> the ribbon. Give me menus, or give me CLI.

Good points! Although maybe I'm an extremist, since I'd re-state
your slogan more closely to the historical precedent:
"Give me command-line liberty or give me death!"

    -- Steve

--
Steve Izma
-

==
The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best – and
therefore never scrutinize or question.
    -- Stephen Jay Gould, *Full House: The Spread of Excellence
    from Plato to Darwin*, 1996