[kwlug-disc] Linus Tech Tips tries Linux as daily driver

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Dec 6 23:15:32 EST 2021

...and "be more like Windows" loses any appeal when you consider how
many times Redmond has changed the interface already: Win31, Win95-Win7,
Win8-10 were all Windows, and all different. And the office suite too. I
still can't figure out the ribbon. Give me menus, or give me CLI.

When the Linux/GNU environment changes the interface you can always go
back to a previous version, or an alternate version. I happen to prefer
Gnome2, and so now I'm using MATE. Cinnamon for the WinXP lovers, lxde
for the minimalists, KDE for the maximalists.

--Bob.